A timeline for next spring’s budget vote and trustee election has been approved by Huntington School Board members. Residents will go to the polls on Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
Trustees have endorsed the following timeline:
• On or before March 1, 2022: Calculation of district tax levy submitted to the state comptroller.
• March 18, 2022: Last day for voter propositions to be placed on the ballot.
• April 11, 2022: Budget adoption by trustees.
• April 18, 2022: Nominating petitions due for trustee candidates.
• April 21, 2022: Military ballot applications due/registration application due.
• May 2, 2022: Hard copy of budget available to public in all buildings. (An electronic version of the adopted budget will be available on the district’s website on April 19, 2022.)
• May 9, 2022: Public hearing on budget.
• May 10, 2022: Deadline for receipt of absentee ballot applications if ballot is to be mailed to the voter;
• May 11, 2022: Last voter registration day;
• May 12, 2022: Voter register available for public inspection; List of voters receiving absentee ballots available.
• May 16, 2022: Deadline for receipt of absentee ballot application if ballot is to be personally delivered to the voter.
• May 17, 2022: Annual meeting – budget vote and election; Board of Registration meets to register voters for the 2023 budget vote and election and all special district meetings.