The Huntington High School boys’ and girls’ spring track and field programs won All-Long Island honors with the Blue Devil boys’ being named Suffolk Team of the Year
Representatives from the Nassau and Suffolk County Track & Field Coaches Associations, Nassau-Suffolk Catholic High School Athletic Assn. and USA Track & Field-Long Island chapter came together to select the All-Long Island athletes for the 2021 outdoor track and field season.
Performances from throughout the season were analyzed, discussed and debated with an emphasis placed on achievements attained during the season’s championship meets.
“The 2021 outdoor track and field season was a shortened campaign for our athletes, but one that still brought many tremendous performances and memories with it,” according to the selection committee.
Huntington’s honorees include:
• Analisse Batista: First Team All-Long Island in the 400m dash
• Kiana Nosile: Second Team All-Long Island in shot put
• Huntington girls’ 4x400m relay: First Team All-Long Island
• Anthony Joseph: Second Team All-Long Island in the 400m dash
• Huntington boys’ 4x400m relay: First Team All-Long Island
• Huntington boys’ 4x100m relay: Second Team All-Long Island
• Huntington boys’ 4x800m relay: Second Team All-Long Island
The Blue Devil boys’ and girls’ track and field teams’ coaching staff members this past spring included Ronald E. Wilson, Eric Santos, Eli Acosta, Haidee Ganz-Bonhurst, Mark Jackson, Onix Salva, Sarah Hall and Burke Tomaselli.