The Huntington School District is preparing for the registration of hundreds of new kindergarten students for the 2021/22 school year. The full day program is open to all youngsters in the community who will be five years old by December 1, 2021.
If they haven’t already done so, families with an eligible child should contact the district’s student registration office as soon as possible at (631) 673-4299 to obtain a registration packet. If a caller is referred to voice mail, they should leave their name, address and telephone number and their call will be promptly returned.
Completed registration packets can be returned via US Mail by sending them to: Huntington UFSD Registration Office, 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station, NY 11746. Packets can also be deposited in a mail bin at the district’s administrative offices between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on school days.
Registration and child screening will be held concurrently by appointment only according to the following schedule: Washington Primary School on Tuesday, May 25; Flower Hill Primary School on Thursday, May 27; Jefferson Primary School on Tuesday, June 1; Southdown Primary School on Thursday, June 3. There will be make-up registration sessions on June 7-8 at Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School.
To register a child, a parent or guardian should bring the following documentation to their registration appointment:
- Proof of district residency: tax bill, mortgage statement, house deed, closing statement, notarized property owner affidavit or notarized lease agreement.
- Any three of the following items: current utility bill; social services statement; medical bills; pay stubs; credit card statements.
- Student’s original birth certificate.
- Student’s certificate of immunization and physical exam.
- Parent/guardian’s photo identification.
If any of the above documents are not available or if there are any questions, contact the registrar at (631) 673-4299.