The Huntington School District is preparing for the registration of hundreds of new kindergarten students for the 2020/21 school year. The full day program is open to all youngsters in the community who will be five years old by December 1, 2020.
If they haven’t already done so, families with an eligible child should contact the district’s student registration office as soon as possible at (631) 673-4299 to obtain a registration packet. If a caller is referred to voice mail, they should leave their name, address and telephone number and their call will be promptly returned. Registration and child screening will be held concurrently.
Registration will be conducted at the district’s four primary school buildings according to the following schedule: Tuesday, March 10 at Flower Hill Primary; Thursday, March 12 at Jefferson Primary; Tuesday, March 17 at Southdown Primary; Thursday, March 19 at Washington Primary.
Make-up registration sessions are set for Monday, March 30 and April 2 at Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School.
To register a child, a parent or guardian should bring the following documentation to their registration appointment:
- Proof of district residency: tax bill, mortgage statement, house deed, closing statement, notarized property owner affidavit or notarized lease agreement.
- Any three of the following items: current utility bill; social services statement; medical bills; pay stubs; credit card statements.
- Student’s original birth certificate.
- Student’s certificate of immunization and physical exam.
- Parent/guardian’s photo identification.
If any of the above documents are not available or if there are any questions, contact the registrar at (631) 673-4299.