Current Huntington School District third grade parents are being asked to select either Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School or Woodhull Intermediate School as the school they want their child to attend next September when the students will be in fourth grade.
The completed form can be submitted electronically (preferably) or via US Mail. The deadline is January 24. A letter detailing the selection process along with a school selection form have been mailed and e-mailed to parents.
Visit https://forms.gle/mM7KvW5qkxAAv1Bm6 for direct access to the electronic version of the form. It can be completed and submitted online. A version of the selection form is available for print via the district website at www.hufsd.edu. Go to the Quick Clicks link on the top right of the homepage and under “For Parents” click on the link for Grade 4 2020-21 School Selection Form: Jack Abrams STEM/Woodhull.
A printable copy of the selection form can also be accessed on the district website under Daily Downloads in the “Informative Links” section. It can be found by clicking on the link for “4th Grade School Selection Letter & Form 2020-21.”
Parents are asked to consider the following:
- While the core instructional program will be similar in both buildings, schedules will vary at each school to accommodate an interdisciplinary STEM block at Jack Abrams at all grade levels and an instructional period that will accommodate a survey of languages in fifth grade at Woodhull.
- An enrollment cap and the need for a lottery may develop only if choices exceed section capacity in either building. Such a lottery would involve random drawing from respective primary school attendance zones.
- Those who indicate “no preference” or who do not return the form will be assigned after those who have made choices are accommodated.
- Students in the dual language programs need not return the form if they wish to remain in the program as they will be assigned to Woodhull.
- Once enrolled in a given school, it is expected that a student will remain in that school through grade six.
Parents with questions can contact Superintendent Jim Polansky (firstname.lastname@example.org), Woodhull Principal Lara Gonzalez (email@example.com) or Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School Principal Donna Moro (firstname.lastname@example.org).