The Huntington High School boys’ and girls’ indoor track and field teams both turned in strong performances at the Prince George’s County Relays in Maryland.
The Blue Devil boys’ squad won the team championship, besting more than 60 teams. Huntington’s girls’ squad finished fourth in the team standings.
The Huntington boys’ team won the 4x55m shuttle relay and the 4x400m relay and finished second in both the 1600m sprint medley relay and the 4x200m relay.
In the 4x55m shuttle relay, Rahliek Thomason, Quincy Chery, Justin Stevens and Jaylen Bush raced past the field of 12 in 32.11 seconds.
In the 4x400m relay, CJ Kiviat, Chad Rowe, Justin Stevens and Anthony Joseph bested the field of 24 in a time of 3:30.47.
In the 4x200m relay, Tyriek Mays-McKoy, CJ Kiviat, Chad Rowe and Anthony Joseph finished second in a field of 32 in a time of 1:32.04.
In the 1600m sprint medley relay, Julio Martinez, Rahliek Thomason, Isaiah James and Justin Stevens placed second in a field of 26 in a time of 3:43.88
Alicia Brooks outleaped the field of 31 to win the long jump with a distance of 18-02.00 feet.
The girls’ 4x200m relay consisting of Alicia Brooks, Analisse Batista, Hope Bilkey and Olivia Conte also won gold medals, sprinting past the field of 31 in a time of 1:45.73.
The girls’ 4x400m relay consisting of Caroline O’Rourke, Analisse Batista, Brianna Halbeisen and Alicia Brooks finished second in a field of 24 in a time of 4:10.50.
Huntington boys’ head coach Ronald Wilson and Blue Devils girls’ head coach Mark Jackson were both quite pleased with the performances of their athletes.
“Everything in Maryland turned out for the better,” Bush said. “We went there determined to do great. Each of the events played out the way Coach Wilson wanted them to.”
In other action:
- Olivia Conte finished 10 th in a field of 28 in high jump with a leap of 4-08 feet.
- Anthony Joseph placed third in a field of 47 in long jump, soaring 20-00.00 feet.
- Gary Barash was third in a field of 48 in shot put with a throw of 47-01.00 feet.
- CJ Kiviat was fifth in a field of 22 in triple jump with a series of leaps that measured 39.10-75 feet.
- Kiana Nosile was third (35-00.50 feet) and Mya Davis placed ninth (30-08.50 feet) in shot put, which drew 48 competitors.
- In the 4x800m relay, Andrew McKenzie, Craig Haas, Cole Pillion and Aidan Heller placed ninth in a field of 33 in a time of 8:56.86.
- In the 4x200m relay, Huntington’s “B” entry consisting of Quincy Chery, Jaylen Bush, Jahmar Francis and Bryce Robinson finished fifth in a field of 27 in a time of 1:40.43.
- In the 4x55m relay, Olivia Conte, Marissa Stafford, Neha Rathore and April Swanson placed 14 th in a field of 32 in a time of 31.08 seconds.
- In the distance medley relay, Matt Armstrong, Bryce Robinson, Jason Verville and Aidan Heller finished fourth in a field of 18 in a time of 11:37.41.
- In the 4x800 relay, Sophie Bradford, Lanaya Swazey, Ella Siepel and Valerie Rogel placed 14 th in a field of 23 in a time of 11:32.98.
- In the 1600m spring medley relay, April Swanson, Neha Rathore, Hope Bilkey and Elizabeth James finished 11 th in a field of 25 in a time of 4:52.64.