The opening day kickoff is still about five months away, but Section XI has already posted tentative varsity football schedules on its website (www.sectionxi.org).
Huntington will begin the 2017 campaign at Blue Devil Field on Saturday, September 9 at 1:30 p.m. against perennial Suffolk power North Babylon.
The second week finds Huntington traveling to talented Copiague for a game on Saturday, September 16 at 2 p.m.
The regular season will consist of eight games, split evenly between home and away contests. The Blue Devils will once again compete in rugged Suffolk Division II. Huntington is the No. 6 seed. Last season the team was seeded No. 7.
The tentative 2017 schedule includes:
• Saturday, September 9 North Babylon at Huntington 1:30 p.m.
• Saturday, September 16 Huntington at Copiague 2 p.m.
• Saturday, September 23 West Islip at Huntington 1:30 p.m.
• Thursday, September 28 Deer Park at Huntington 3:30 p.m.
• Saturday, October 7 Huntington at Smithtown West 2 p.m.
• Saturday, October 14 Huntington at Newfield 2 p.m.
• Saturday, October 21 Riverhead at Huntington 1:30 p.m.
• Saturday, October 28 Huntington at Bay Shore 1 p.m.
The date of Huntington’s Homecoming Day festivities has not yet been determined, but it is expected to be announced soon.
Huntington finished the regular season with a 5-3 record last fall, advancing to the playoffs where it was defeated by North Babylon.
The Blue Devils are losing seniors Max Schauder, Matt Meyers, Taquan Gooden-Hill, Michael Harris, James Shea, Kyree Johnson, Jared Leake, Liam Boyle, KeiRon Byrams, Donald Stewart, Jacob Praefcke, Matt Mattiace, Nick Lanzisero, Jose Veliz, Cameron Rammarine, Khari McNeil, Nicholas Constabile, Thomas Stock, Eddie Daly, William Newton, Garrett Moya, Ryan Stieve, Matt Monefusco and Josh Hallman.
Huntington’s top returnees include All-County Anthony McDonald and All-Division Clay Jamison and Sam Bergman. Quarterback John P. Paci IV is also coming back along with running back Eric Sands and receiver Alex LaBella. Many other skilled athletes will also be on the field again for the Blue Devils.