Huntington School Board Notes
Huntington School Board members approved a number of personnel action during their meeting last Monday night. Trustees approved elementary special education teacher Kelly Trites request to return from a child care related leave of absence, effective September 1.
Long-term substitute social studies teacher Robert Barca was authorized to continue working at J. Taylor Finley Middle School through approximately March 19. He began work there on September 13.
Nube Crimi was approved to work as a part-time (.2) Finley ESL teacher through June 22. Victoria Creighton was recalled from the district's preferred eligibility list as a long-term substitute classroom teacher at Woodhull Intermediate School, effective March 20 through June 1, approximately.
Trustees approved the appointment of Kevin Zaharios as a Huntington High School security guard, effective March 6. Senior Megan Boyce was authorized to serve as a high school science lab assistant during the 2011/12 school year. She will be paid $7.25 per hour.
Kathryn Einhorn and Kristen DeVille had their work assignments changed from Huntington High School teacher aides to teacher assistants. Teacher Donna O'Shaughnessy was approved as an instructor with the Huntington Teacher Center. She will be paid $66 per hour for up to 60 hours of work.
Trustees also took the following actions:
• Approved a consultant services contract with Accessible Learning Technology Alternatives for assistive technology evaluations.
• Authorized physical education teachers Michael Marinello and John Walsh to provide up to four hours each of First Aid/CPR/AED training on May 22. They will be paid $66 per hour.
• Approved a consultant services contract with Nirmala Mitra, MD for neurology evaluations. She will compensate at the rate of $350 per evaluation and report.
• Authorized the addition of Kaitlyn Kelly and Thomas Savarese to the district's substitute teacher list. They will be paid $90 per diem on an as needed basis.
• Approved a consultant services contract for $200 with Paul Sach for classroom performances on 'exploring economic issues through reform and music in US History" on Friday, March 16.
• Authorized the addition of clerical worker Mardella Edwards and food service worker Cynthia Carter to the district's list of approved substitute employees. Sub clerical workers earn $10.50 per hour while sub food service workers are paid $9 per hour.
• Approved bid awards for high school printed forms, adult education program brochure, Et Cetera literary magazine, district budget notice, The Dispatch student newspaper and the district's transportation guide. Winning bidders include AC Envelope, Sir Speedy Printing, Matrix Digital Solutions and Tobay Printing, Inc.
• Authorized Carmen Kasper, district director of foreign language, ESL and bilingual programs, to provide four hours of professional development sessions at a rate of pay of $75 per hour.
• Accepted the donation of a TASCO zoom microscope kits for the SEARCH program from district parent Marc Jensen.
• Authorized teacher Eileen Gonzalez to work in the LEP/ELL after school program at Finley Middle School, effective March 14 to May 7. She will be paid $48.97 for 14 one-hour sessions.
• Approved Michelle Mallardi to serve as choreographer of the spring musical at Huntington High School. She will be paid $50 per hour for up to 25 hours.
• Accepted a donation of a 35mm Canon EOS A2 camera to the Huntington High School art department from district parent Wendy Penzel.
• Approved a series of four budget transfers from one code to another to cover costs associated with the purchase of iPads for use in the primary schools ($29,000)