Student-Athlete Eligibility Night Set
Student-athletes have busy schedules crammed with nine periods of classes, practices and games, homework assignments and personal and family commitments. But, this is an event they will want to attend. The Huntington High School athletic and guidance departments are co-sponsoring Student-Athlete Eligibility Night on Monday, October 17 at 7 p.m.
The evening workshop is open to any male or female student currently enrolled in grades 8-12. Anyone interested in playing on a college level athletic team should attend.
Topics will include:
• What does it mean to be a student-athlete?
• How do I become eligible for Division I, II and/or III?
• When do I file with the NCAA?
• What is Core Course GPA.com (www.corecoursegpa.com)?
• The best way to market yourself.
• Basic NCAA facts.
Participants in the evening workshop will also be walked through the process of how student transcripts are scrutinized and evaluated by the NCAA.