The Huntington School District is preparing for the registration of hundreds of new kindergarten students for the 2018/19 school year. The full day program is open to all youngsters in the community who will be five years old by December 1, 2018.
If they haven’t already done so, families with an eligible child should contact the district’s student registration office as soon as possible at (631) 673-4299 to obtain a registration packet. If a caller is referred to voice mail, they should leave their name, address and telephone number and their call will be promptly returned. Registration and child screening will be held concurrently.
Once parents have obtained a registration packet, they will be able to select a date for kindergarten student screening and registration. Registration will be conducted at the district’s four primary school buildings according to the following schedule: Tuesday, March 13 at Jefferson Primary; Thursday, March 15 at Flower Hill Primary; Tuesday, March 20 at Washington Primary; Thursday, March 22 at Southdown Primary.
Make-up registration sessions are set for Wednesday and Thursday, April 18-19 at Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School.
To register a child, a parent or guardian should bring the following documentation to their registration appointment:
• Proof of district residency: tax bill, mortgage statement, house deed, closing statement, notarized property owner affidavit or notarized lease agreement.
• Any three of the following items: current utility bill; social services statement; medical bills; pay stubs; credit card statements.
• Student’s original birth certificate.
• Student’s certificate of immunization and physical exam.
• Parent/guardian’s photo identification.
If any of the above documents are not available or if there are any questions, contact the registrar at (631) 673-4299.