The new school year will see the Huntington School District continuing to offer an interactive calendar, filled with important dates, event listings and even athletic games. The calendar is linked to the district’s website. There’s even a mobile app for the calendar.
To access the interactive calendar off the district website (www.hufsd.edu) homepage, go to the Quick Clicks Bar and select District Calendar from the drop down menu. Click on the link for Interactive District Calendar or click on the icon to the above left of the traditional links. A link to access a PDF of the full 28 page printed version of the calendar is also available on the same page.
Folks can add a mobile app to their phone or tablet device to access the calendar:
• Enter www.calendarwiz.com/hufsd in your device's browser.
• Select Mobile view when prompted.
• Days with a dot beneath the number have events. Tap the day number to view the event details.
• Swipe left and right, or use the arrows to move from month to month.
• Tap the Today button to return to the current month.
• Tap an event to view the event details and description. Use the Done button to return to month view.
“The district is pleased to offer an electronic calendar option that offers easy access from desktop and mobile devices, and flexibility in terms of adjusting settings to reflect an individual user’s interests within the district,” Superintendent James W. Polansky said. “We certainly encourage all district residents to take advantage.”
Compared to a traditional print version, the interactive calendar contains a great deal of additional information. It will be maintained on a regular basis with additional events added as they are scheduled. The interactive calendar is already proving popular with those who have heard about it and visited its pages.
The district website also provides a listing of Upcoming Events on the bottom of the homepage. It’s an easy way to see what is happening in the district on any given day or to check on events set to occur in the near future.